1.12.11

A very furry Xmas!

Gilli Stroll_XmasTree~

Hi icon ArcheoButerflies

I there! Are you starting to enjoy the season yet? I hope you are. One of the things I love about this time of the year are the lights. I think there is something special about strolling around by hundreds of little lights adorning tress and paths…makes me so happy! I wish people would keep them throughout the winter. It looks so magical!

Today I will share with you a project that has a story behind it. This project evolved from one idea to another. I will explain. I am participating on the BookEndz  book club, my BFF Suzanne had this genius idea to combine Craft and book reading! Ta-dah! You should come in. It is fun. The last  book was Emily and Gilli Stroll_FurryBuddy~Einstein. Lovely lovely tale. Today is the wrap up party and also the debut for the December book. See perfect timing for you to join (I heard you can in goodiesWinking smile). So this Gilli card started with Gilli strolling with her furry friend Smile…like this…I though the card was lovely and fit the theme of the book  : )…but I kept on thinking about a tree…

Gilli Stroll_XmasTree

So I had this idea…  I wanted to make a tree…hummm…not flat but with dimension…So why not a ribbon tree!! Now seriously, sometimes I wonder what people think when they learn how long it takes us to make a card lol. So, don’t you think the whole look got a bit more festive ? lol. Now Gilli is partying with my other DT friends from Through the Craftroom Door Room magazine! Gilli Stamps is the current challenge sponsor….SO come  and join us!!!!!!

Gosh I have to confess I loooove getting my fingers glued! Sometimes with all this fancy schmency tools we get now a days…we forget how fun is to work with basics..Scissor, paper and glue!

Gilli Stroll_XmasTree aFor this project I used Gilli Stroll rubber stamp colored with copic markers. The little doggie was done by hand and also colored with copics. I cut the stamped image using Martha circle cutter tool. The edges were inked with 2 tones of chalk ink. Rhinestones from studio G and the candy canes were made by hand using Mikes ribbon.  The cute papers are from My minds Eyes and Studio Calico. Gilli Stroll was stamped on copic Xpress paper.

I hope you will join us for the BooEndz club party and also for the Craftroom Door Room challenge!! See you there and over there too lol (I just killed the grammar…again lol). By the way…if you  enjoyed the coloring on this project and would like to learn how to color pleats and  some cool fur join Color me Creative Class 5 by Suzanne J Dean! This class is a blast!!!!

hugs

anaRy

This & That

Gilli Stroll, Copic markers, Copic Multiliners, Copic Xpress paper, My Minds Eyes Paper, Studio Calico Paper, Twine, Ribbons, Rhinestones by Studio G, Swirls (Silhouette sd library), candy canes (handmade using wire ribbon from Michaels).

 

♥.♥.♥ A beat bit more!

♥. Gilli Store will be opening soon! Stay in touch! You don’t want to miss this opening Winking smile.

♥.♥. Color me creative Class DVDs NOW AVAILABLE! If you liked and had a load of fun with Suzanne’s color me creative on line classes, now you can own and watch them anytime in DVDs! Drop by CMC and  order today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...