18.5.11

Congrats Grad!

Gilli Graduate_CongratsGrad ~

Hi icon ArcheoButerfliesello ladies and Gent! How is everyone doing this middle of week? As usual I am keeping busy over here making projects while regular life happens LOL. I am  also working on some other goodies that hopefully we will be able to share soon. I had an amazing weekend with the visit of my dear friend Suzanne. Gosh did I need to laugh a little…and believe me…She can make you laugh! So I highly recommend you popping into one of Suzanne’s copic classes…( check out her CMC on the road website!! SC NC here she comes!!) you not only will have a super class in coloring but you will have a ball!
Gilli Graduate_CongratsGrad f
Dionne is the hostess of the current House of Gilli challenge. Black plus one color! I held to the challenge rules and I stick to Cs and Es…copic lengo…for Blacks and Browns. Here you can see the little project I prepared for the challenge. Gilli Graduate was colored with copics. I added just a little touch of Stickles on her graduation ring to make it special : ). I wanted to give a more up to date vibe to the graduation card…so I picked this super cute paper from My minds eye and cut a piece that looks like a real certificate. It sooo set the tone for the whole thing!  Well a certificate needs a cute frame to be showcase so I created a frame by layering paper pieces punched with Martha Stewart punches. I used regularGilli Graduate_CongratsGrad cu cardstock and kraft paper. A real diploma must have a seal, right? I created a “celebrate” seal for the certificate by embossing a little cut out piece of card stock. I also added a thin layer of stickle around of the embossing. For an added  flair I looped a nice piece of ribbon.
To make this card even more special I made a base using a folded piece of acetate. The acetate gives such a cool airy look…almost futuristic…well, graduation is all about tomorrow right?
I hope you enjoyed the project! Stick around..more to come!
Thanks for dropping by! Huggies
anaRy
This & That
Gilli Stamp::Gilli Graduate;
Copic markers (C9, C7, C5, C3; E79, E25, E34, Eoo, E11, E7, E000). Copic multiliner.
Cardstock, Craft Paper; Martha Stewart punches; Stickles; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Acetate; Ribbon.

Challenges
Just some lines
Casual Fridays

6 comments:

Maire Gamber said...

Very cute little graduate!
Hugs,
Marie

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so very cute! Thank you for playing along with our graduation challenge at Just Some Lines! Good luck! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Nice! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again!

Just Some Lines Digital Stamps said...

oh this is one of the cutes Grad cards I have seen!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Laura (sandytoz) said...

SOOO good looking! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Some Lines 1st Challenge.

Laura (sandytoz)
JSL DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...