2.7.10

Magnolia stamp :: A yankee doodle!

Maggie4july~

Hello! Are you getting ready to celebrate? Yessss! Bring on the hot dog (okay I will eat beans too!). One of these days I will venture to see a fire works..once more. The first one was quite, let’s say..well let’s not. LOL. I got stuck in a huge traffic jam in Philadelphia! Lol Well at least I was under the same sky that some of the greatest minds in this planet once had.  Just to be in the same space where an amazing document was crafted, creating a whole new concept to a brand new country! WOW. That is fabulous! After thinking about all the history and the people that once cruised the same city…I wasn’t sad anymore about the traffic jam…Mr. Ford was up there probably proud looking down on upgraded versions of his visions. An American vision…just one of the greatest contribution to the world..assembly lines. See what I mean about sharing the goods?! This country was and is full of visionaries. Where do you think jeans was created?…like cola? Yeap..there you go again…and I would not be here talking you if was not for the  great people that made possible to shrink ENIAC…into a PC! Sorry MAC people..I am a PC…lol..

Maggie4july 

In of honor USA birthday I decide to make a card with a little song that says it all…Yankee Doodle dandy….empowering and confident!  That is what I think US is all about. I love the melody of this little march. Do you know that a band dressed in period clothing marches in front of Chief of States of other countries visiting the White house? It is soooo cute. I saw on the history channel…what a parade! I can only imagine how it was a long ago…Oh, some things never change, the soldiers so gallantly proud of their country and their people. I need to mention that the only time Yankee Doodle Dandy is not played is when the official is from England…well, I guess it would be a little rubbing too much! lol. So thank you all the Yankee doodles that are still helping to make AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL! So everybody sing now…”Yankee Doodle Dandy went to town riding on a poooney!…”

Yankee Doodle dandy is also considered the state song of Connecticut!

My card was made using cardstock (solids and DCWV), magnolia stamp, copic markers, cutllebug embossing folder, nestabilities, white pen, glue dots, memento ink and distress ink.

Got questions…just ask on the side bar!

Join us for a red, white and blue challenge at Magnolia Stamp Lovers! The DT came up with the cutest inspiration for ya!

Hurrah for you all!

anaRy!

17 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

very cute and love that lyric of the background. So fun and Tilda colored nicely :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Love your card, Anary, and that's a great idea to write out the lyrics to the song! Love your layout, embellies, and of course, your wonderful coloring. Welcome back! Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Wow!! You amaze me with your creativity Anary! This is totally grand and your coloring is awesome. I think I need to take lessons from you! Hope you feel better soon.

Lisette Morris said...

Absolutely adorable! Love your layout! Great card!

StampingScrapping.com said...

Anary,
As always you did a wonderful job. The
card is So Cute...I am so proud to have
you on my Design Team and for a friend
love ya
Kevin and Cindy

Rene said...

I LOVE it!!! Fantastic idea....it is gorgeous!!

Cindy said...

Anary: you are so very creative. Wonderful card. Hugs...Cindy2

Peggie said...

What a cute card. Love your coloring. What fun to use Yankee Doodle Dandy for it.

Myrna said...

What a cute card! Love how you did the music and wrote the words. Great coloring!

Kathy Gerace said...

Very nice! Love your layout and coloring on Tilda. Great Happy 4th card!
Kathy Gerace

Marlene said...

Beautiful card! Love it!! Oh, and believe me, I know all about traffic jams in Philadelphia. They can be nasty!

Sheri said...

Simply brilliant Anary! Thank you so much for reminding me of what an incredible country we live in. Well done friend!

Billie's Scrappetique said...

This is TOO CUTE, Anary! I love it!!

LINDA W. said...

Your card is great...I always love
seeing your cards.
Linda W.

ThePurplePlace said...

Sending you a BIG HUG!

What a wonderful card and an adorable way to think of Summer and the 4th of July!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend !

Lis

Cordine said...

it's so cute!

Unknown said...

Anary, your card is so dang cute and I love it so! Love the music sheet with Yankee Doodle and how you design it all together! Perfect American! Oh yea, I have been in Phili's traffic jams and it is not a pleasant place to be! Venture out and see the fireworks again! Just pick a place a little bit less city! Happy Fourth to you! HugZ, Colleen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...